The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to enhance the availability and quality of PE and Sports provision. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of physical education and sport for all school pupils.
The funding is ring-fenced with the school able to choose how it is spent in accordance to the identification of specific interests and needs. Accountability for the grant aid rests with all primary schools with the added responsibility of reporting online both spend and impact so that the wider community is able to assess performance levels of regional primary teaching establishments.
Standish Lower Ground St Anne’s CE Primary School is committed to ensuring that the Primary PE & Sports Premium funding is allocated to high quality, sustainable initiatives that address the following key areas:
- Staff professional development including Subject Leader Management
- Improved PE & Sport-specific resourcing
- Raised participation levels within curricular and extra-curricular activities including intra & inter competition
- Improved knowledge; skills and understanding related to health and fitness
- Impact of Olympic & Paralympic values with respect to behavioural and cross-curricular benefits
- Increased learning opportunities associated with healthy diet and nutrition